Managing Projects for Strategic Alignment
Existing project managers pursuing certification in recognition of their skills and experience, or others training to become accredited project managers.
As a project manager, your role is to ensure that each project starts out and remains in line with the company’s strategic goals and delivers expected value. In this course, you’ll learn how to analyze how your project will benefit the organization and bring value to stakeholders. You will learn how to involve stakeholders in the process. Finally, you’ll learn strategies for managing stakeholder expectations so that they remain in line with project goals and developments.
Strategically Focused Project Management
- arrange elements within the business strategy hierarchy
- identify elements of a project’s strategic framework
- recognize characteristics of strategic project leadership
- identify actions that help to achieve and maintain strategic alignment
- match types of business environment analysis with situations when they would be used
- recognize activities involved in doing a benefit analysis on a project
- recognize the impact that a project may have on stakeholders
- identify the stakeholders who are involved in the creation and communication of the project charter
- recognize effective methods for managing stakeholder expectations
- demonstrate your understanding of how to maintain strategic alignment during a project