Managing Resource Utilization in Linux
Students wishing to acquire the intermediate skills required as a Linux system administrator.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
As a Linux administrator, the systems you manage will be used by a number of clients playing varying requirements on the resources of your server. Administrators must be able to monitor resource utilization in order to both mitigate any issues that may arise, as well as predict and plan for future resource requirements. This course covers the tools available within Linux to determine issues that may be limiting available resources as well as monitoring these resource usage over time. This course is for people taking Advanced Level Linux Professional (LPIC-2) Exam 201.
Managing System Resources
- determine the most appropriate monitoring tool to use in a given scenario
- describe methods for distinguish between normal and abnormal system behavior
- determine system issues based on the results of resource monitoring
- recognize how to plan for future resource requirements in a given scenario
- implement a resource monitoring solution in a given scenario