Managing the Unique Needs of Experts
Managers who want to develop or refine their management skills.
Managers rely heavily on experts for the in-depth knowledge needed on the job. These experts have unique needs in the workplace. This course explores the characteristics of the experts on your staff; outlines what they want from you, their manager; and covers techniques and strategies to help you meet their needs.
Giving Experts What They Need
- recognize the benefits of understanding experts and their needs
- identify common characteristics of experts
- recognize how to be a trustworthy collaborator
- identify methods of being a competent facilitator
- recognize actions managers can take to meet the needs of experts