Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011: Getting Started
Any individuals and business users with basic Mac computer literacy.
Excel for Mac 2011 is the newest version of Microsoft’s comprehensive spreadsheet tool for Macintosh systems that offers features supporting a wide range of data entry, formatting, organization, and analysis methods. The new ribbon menu arranges the many features of Excel into related tabs, making it easy to quickly access the ones you need. The Excel Workbook Gallery contains a variety of visually appealing templates that simplify file creation by speeding up the styling and formatting processes, and oftentimes adding useful features such as a Total row in a pre-built Invoice template. This course explores these topics and many other basics of Excel 2011, including opening the application, creating new spreadsheets, and entering data both manually and through Excel’s automatic features.
Opening Workbooks and Entering Data in Excel 2011
- start Excel 2011 and open a workbook from the Excel Workbook Gallery
- recognize the functions of main Excel interface elements
- open a workbook from within the Excel application
- enter data in a worksheet
- open a workbook
- enter data into a workbook
- customize Excel interface elements