Microsoft .NET Framework 4: Web Application Optimization and Customization with C# 2010
Individuals who wish to use the .NET Framework 4 with Visual Studio 2010, Visual C# 2010, and ASP.NET 4 to develop web-based client applications; individuals preparing for the Exam 70-515 TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Visual Studio 2010 and ASP.NET 4 provide developers with the tools they need to create unique, flexible ASP.NET web sites that can use custom master pages, themes, and skins, as well as Web Part pages that allow users to personalize their own web pages. This course explores the various ways you can employ these tools to develop and optimize web applications. Specific topics covered include modifying page layout with master pages, using themes, and utilizing Web Parts in ASP.NET 4 web applications.
This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Technology Specialist (TS): Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4, 70-515. Passing this exam will earn the learner the MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications certification.
Web Application Customization
- identify the steps for creating and configuring a master page
- identify the steps for binding content and master pages
- identify the steps for adding a property to a master page
- identify the steps for creating nested master pages
- create a theme
- recognize the steps for applying a theme
- create a content page that uses a master page
- apply a theme to a site and an individual page
- use a skin on a control
Customizing Web Parts
- recognize the steps for creating a Web Parts page
- recognize the steps for adding and customizing WebPartZone controls
- recognize the code for connecting Web Parts on an ASP.NET page
- recognize the code for creating a custom user control that allows for personalization
- recognize the code for creating a custom Web Part control
- recognize the steps for adding a CatalogPart control
- create a Web Parts page
- create a custom user control that allows for personalization
- enable users to personalize Web Parts controls