Microsoft SharePoint 2010: New Features for Power Users
Users with proficiency in SharePoint and basic computing skills
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
SharePoint Server 2010 offers a number of new features and enhancements that help to ease the day-to-day tasks of power users. There are a number of changes to the SharePoint 2010 interface, as well as changes and enhancements in the method and location of accessing specific options. This course explores the enhanced SharePoint 2010 UI, the Getting Started area of home pages, and the changed Site Actions menu. It also discusses the new site creation templates, changes to workflows, enhancements to record and content management, web content management, and the new document sets. Managing site settings is also covered.
SharePoint Server 2010 New Features
- use the Getting Started section to add a new link to the Quick Launch bar
- create a document library
- change metadata navigation settings for a SharePoint library
- recognize the new and enhanced site management features in SharePoint 2010
- configure a library to use document sets
- recognize the enhanced features of Site Settings in SharePoint 2010
- manage search and offline visibility for a site
- set a site theme
- use new or improved SharePoint 2010 features to manage a site