Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 – Core Solutions: Web and Service Applications
Senior SharePoint administrators with a minimum of 4 years hands on experience planning, deploying, and maintaining multi-server SharePoint environments. Also experience working with technologies including Windows Server, IIS, SQL and Active Directory.
SharePoint Server 2013 builds upon previous releases to provide new ways of sharing information, organizing projects, and discovering people and information. This course covers creating and configuring web applications and service applications in SharePoint 2013. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the SharePoint 2013 exam 70-331. This exam is one of the requirements for the MCSE: SharePoint track.
Configuring Web Applications
- recognize components in the logical architecture of a SharePoint 2013 farm
- describe classic-mode web applications in SharePoint 2013
- recognize the managed path that should be used to configure your web application in a certain situation
- describe HTTP Request Monitoring and Throttling
- describe site collections in SharePoint 2013
- recognize policy options
Configuring SharePoint 2013 Service Applications
- identify consumers of service applications
- describe single service and multiple application proxy groups benefits
- recognize the functions of the service application administrator
- create and configure web applications and service applications in SharePoint 2013