Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Implementing a Data Warehouse: DQS and MDS Solutions
Data Warehouse Developers and Database Administrators who create and manage business intelligence solution as part of their daily tasks, which include implementing data warehouse databases, extracting transforming, and extracting data as part of an ETL solution, and data cleansing.
For anyone that is creating a data warehouse data quality should be one of the top priorities. In order to trust the results of data analysis high quality data is essential. Data Quality Services (DQS) is a feature of SQL Server 2012 that can help you find duplicate data entries and identify invalid data values while automatically correcting them. Master Data Services (MDS) is another feature of SQL Server 2012 that enables you to enforce data validation and rules to ensure consistency in your data. This course discusses strategies for using both of these technologies in the enterprise demonstrates the steps to configure the product.
Implementing DQS Solutions
- describe the features of DQS
- recognize the steps for configuring Data Quality Services
- identify the type of DQS project needed to identify invalid data
Implementing MDS Solutions
- recognize DMS supporting components
- describe the attributes created by MDS
- recognize how to configure matching rules
- create and implement an MDS solution