Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Implementing a Data Warehouse: Troubleshooting
Data Warehouse Developers and Database Administrators who create and manage business intelligence solution as part of their daily tasks, which include implementing data warehouse databases, extracting transforming, and extracting data as part of an ETL solution, and data cleansing.
SQL Server Integrations Services and SQL Server Data Tools both offer tools and techniques to troubleshoot, optimize, and audit SSIS solutions. This course discusses how to debug and troubleshoot packages at the design and production level using techniques such as data viewers, data taps, and reports. It also discussion using reports, as well as execution trees and backpressure to view performance information and how to implement auditing at different levels. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 exam 70-463:Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012. This exam is one of the requirements for the MCSA: SQL Server 2012, MCSE: Data Platform, and MCSE: Business Intelligence certification paths.
Troubleshooting SSIS Package Execution
- determine which debugging technique to use in a given scenario
- recognize how to debug a SSIS package in a given scenario
- identify the correct debugging technique to use on production SSIS packages
Performance Tuning and Auditing
- identify the best way to optimize SSIS packages using the different tuning techniques
- recognize how to view performance information on SSIS packages
- identify how to implement auditing in SSIS for a given scenario
- Troubleshoot data integration, auditing, logging, and event handling issues