Microsoft Windows 8.1 – Configuring: Remote Management and Security
Anyone wishing to obtain knowledge on Windows 8.1, and candidates taking the 70-687: Configuring Windows 8 certification exam. The audience will also include established IT professionals who install, configure, maintain and support Microsoft Windows 8.1 client desktops, devices, and users within any size organization. Candidates who have general IT experience with working knowledge of Windows clients, the installation of client desktop operating systems, basic networking, security concepts, as well as Active Directory concepts.
Windows Server 8.1 includes a variety of features to help maintain security and to provide reliable tools for remote administration. This course covers how Windows Firewall is used to protect a Windows 8.1 computer, as well as features used to remotely administer a Windows 8.1 computer, and provide assistance to other Windows computers. This exam will count as credit towards both the MCSA and MCSE certification path.
- identify the tools used to configure firewall settings in Windows 8.1
- describe connection security rules in Windows 8.1
- identify available Windows Defender scanning options in Windows 8.1
- describe how Windows 8.1 Remote Management works
- describe the characteristics of the PowerShell utility
- configure Windows Firewall Settings in Windows 8.1