Microsoft Windows 8.1 – Configuring: Windows Clients
Anyone wishing to obtain knowledge on Windows 8.1, and candidates taking the 70-687: Configuring Windows 8 certification exam. The audience will also include established IT professionals who install, configure, maintain and support Microsoft Windows 8.1 client desktops, devices, and users within any size organization. Candidates who have general IT experience with working knowledge of Windows clients, the installation of client desktop operating systems, basic networking, security concepts, as well as Active Directory concepts.
Windows Server 8.1 includes a variety of features to help configure updates, manage local storage, and monitor system performance. This course covers the Windows Update feature, as well disk management features to help administer and manage local storage. It also explains how to properly monitor a Windows 8.1 computer to ensure optimal performance and reliability. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the 70-687:Configuring Windows 8. This exam is part of the MCSA: Windows 8 certification path.
- recognize characteristics of updates in Windows 8.1
- identify ways to configure and manage updates in Windows 8.1
- identify characteristics of MBR disks
- recognize the tools used to manage disks in Windows 8.1
- identify ways to prevent file system fragmentation in Windows 8.1
- describe how to use the Performance Monitor to manage Windows 8.1 performance
- describe how diagnostic tools improve reliability in Windows 8.1
- monitor a Windows 8.1 computer