Microsoft Windows 8.1 – Supporting Windows 8.1: Data Storage and Security
IT professionals who configure or support Windows 8 in domain-based or peer-to-peer environments. This includes support personnel, consultants and IT generalists.
Storage management has been completely overhauled in Windows 8.1, particularly with the addition of storage spaces, which you can use to simply create fault tolerant arrays which can be dynamically expanded and thinly provisioned. Data security options in Windows 8.1 include EFS for encrypting single files and folders and BitLocker full drive encryption. This course covers data storage and security management in Windows 8.1. This course is one of a series which cover the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-688: Supporting Windows 8.1. This exam is a requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 8 certification.
Managing Data Storage
- identify how to initialize and format Windows 8.1 storage
- identify the appropriate type of resiliency to use in a given scenario
- identify PowerShell commands used to configure the BranchCache in Window 8.1
Managing Data Security
- differentiate between NTFS permissions
- use encryption in Windows 8.1
- identify the requirements for using BitLocker
- manage storage data in Windows 8.1