Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – Administration: Managing GPOs and Preferences
Senior server administrators responsible for maintaining a Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure environment, as well as user and group management, network access, and data security.
The protection and utilization of valuable Group Policy Object assets is an important management task within an Active Directory controlled environment. You need to ensure that you can recreate them if they become corrupt or lost. Windows Server 2012 R2 also provides the functionality to facilitate the configuration and deployment of unenforced domain-wide client computer settings using Group Policy Preferences. This course will demonstrate how to back up, restore, copy, and import GPOs and create migration tables. It will also show how to configure Group Policy Preferences. This course is one in a series in the Skillsoft learning path that covers the objectives for the exam 70-411:Administering Windows Server 2012 R2. Passing this exam will earn the learner credit towards the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification and MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification.
Managing GPOs and GPPs
- identify permissions required to perform a GPO restore
- recognize the sequence of steps required to create a migration table in Windows Server 2012 R2
- describe the general properties for Group Policy preferences in Windows Server 2012 R2
- describe configuration options for Group Policy Preferences in Windows Server 2012 R2
- determine how to manage GPOs in Windows Server 2012 R2
- identify how to configure GPPs in Windows Server 2012 R2