Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – Advanced Infrastructure: Storage and Networks
IT Professionals working in datacenter environments based on Microsoft server technologies and seeking advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. This course can be taken in preparation for exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure, which is part of the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, or MCSE credential.
Virtual storage and virtual networking are two areas of Microsoft’s Hyper-V virtualization solution that have seen lots of changes in recent times. This course will cover planning and implementation considerations for virtualization storage and networking using Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2. This course is part of a series of Skillsoft courses that cover the objectives for exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure. This exam is required for the MCSE Server Infrastructure certification.
- plan WS 2012 R2 network virtualization
- define features of VM networks
- describe IP addresses in Hyper-V virtual networks
- recognize advantages of using shared VHDX files rather than FC SANs for VM storage
- sequence the steps required to manage storage through VMM
- to manage WS 2012 R2 VM networks and storage