Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – Advanced Infrastructure: Updates
IT Professionals working in datacenter environments based on Microsoft server technologies and seeking advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. This course can be taken in preparation for exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure, which is part of the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, or MCSE credential.
The modern data center has very specific requirements for physical and virtual machine management, self-service, business continuity, automation, and monitoring and reporting. This course looks at how System Center 2012 R2 addresses those requirements. It also looks at deploying updates using WSUS and System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2. This course is part of a series of Skillsoft courses that cover the objectives for exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure. This exam is required for the MCSE Server Infrastructure certification.
System Center and the Data Center
- identify the benefits of implementing virtualized data center infrastructures
- match each System Center 2012 R2 tool with the requirement it fulfils
Designing Update Infrastructure
- sequence the steps for managing update deployment with WSUS
- configure an existing Software Update Point
- configure updates in System Center 2012 R2 VMM
- manage updates with System Center 2012 R2