Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – Configuring Advanced Services: PKI
IT Professionals working in datacenter environments based on Microsoft server technologies and seeking advanced knowledge of Window Server 2012 R2 services. This course can be taken in preparation for exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, which is part of the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, or MCSA credential.
Active Directory Certificate Services, or AD CS, allows a company to deploy and manage a Public Key Infrastructure, or PKI, to secure and protect important data and data communications. This course covers the installation and management of a PKI using the AD CS role services, including installation and configuration of AD CS, certificate enrollment, templates, and revocation. This course is one of a series, which covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services. This exam is a requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012 certification.
PKI Overview and Creation
- identify the function of each PKI component
- recognize how AD CS role services are used
Managing the PKI
- recognize the processes involved in certificate validation and revocation
- identify what the Windows Server 2012 R2 certificate templates define
- recognize certification enrollment options
- recognize how to back up and restore a CA
- identify true statements about PKI components, Role Services, and certificate revocation used during an AD CS rollout