Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – Installing and Configuring: AD Groups & GPOs
Senior Server administrators responsible for implementing a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 builds upon previous versions of Windows Server, adding several new features. This course examines Active Directory groups and group policy objects. You will examine how to use group nesting, convert groups, change group memberships, enumerate groups, delegate group membership, and manage Active Directory containers. This course also covers how to create and manage a Central store, use Starter GPOs, create GPO links, and use security filtering. The course is the fourth in a series for the Microsoft MCSA in Windows Server 2012 R2 certification and prepares the learner for the 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
Creating and Managing Active Groups and OUs
- identify the best practices for nesting groups in Windows Server 2012
- recognize which permissions have override capability in Windows 2012 R2
- identify Group Policy object properties
Creation and Configuration of GPOs
- identify the characteristics of Starter Group Policy objects
- specify what default permission is granted to Authenticated Users in a given scenario
- recognize the best place to host the Central Store in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment
- identify the correct configuration settings to apply when using Group Policy, in a given scenario