Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2: Server Infrastructure DirectAccess
This course targets IT professionals looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to design, implement, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an enterprise scaled, highly virtualized environment. It is also designed for individuals who seek professional distinction through the 70-413 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure exam. Individuals that have experience working with Windows Server 2008 or later operating systems and Active Directory Domain Services and networking infrastructure.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
In this course the other main remote access solution technology In Windows Server 2012 R2 is reviewed; DirectAccess. Introduced with Server 2008 R2, the DirectAccess role service role has been augmented and improved, and includes a new fast deployment options allowing small organization to plan and deploy a remote client access solution, on minimal hardware, in a short amount of time.
This course covers the new simple deployment method for DirectAccess, and the new remote access server role which supports both VPN and DirectAccess services on the same Server 2012 server. In addition, the lesson covers complex DirectAccess solution planning and deployment, and the planning and design of supporting services.
Designing a DirectAccess Solution
- identify key features of DirectAccess implementation options
- describe the principal DirectAccess deployment models in Server 2012 R2
- describe the DirectAccess components you need to develop a DirectAccess deployment solution
- match DirectAccess topologies with their correct descriptions
- describe DirectAccess support considerations
- describe DirectAccess deployment planning considerations
- describe the two migration techniques supported by Forefront UAG
- describe the deployment factors that must be considered when panning the use of NAP examination of DirectAccess client
- describe the benefits of remote access multisite deployment
- sequence the phases of multisite deployment
- recognize the benefits of planning and deploying a remote access server cluster
- plan a DirectAccess solution and deployment including supporting services