Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2: Server Infrastructure – Implement NPS and WAP
This course targets IT professionals looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to design, implement, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an enterprise scaled, highly virtualized environment. It is also designed for individuals who seek professional distinction through the 70-413 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure exam. Individuals that have experience working with Windows Server 2008 or later operating systems and Active Directory Domain Services and networking infrastructure.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
You can protect private system resources by deploying the Network Policy Server as a client health policy checking and remediation service using Network Access Policy (NAP). This allows the system administration to use numerous techniques to check client health at the various network access points and to allow the NPS service to arbitrate on client computer access to the private network. Endpoint Protection is a complementary technology (service role) of the System Center 2012 utility, which monitors client computers for malware status, and client malware prevention readiness by maintaining the up-to-date status of the malware service. In a world where network administrators are under increased pressure to deliver secure internal application access across any Internet connection to any device, Microsoft offers the Web Application Proxy as a solution. With WAP, internal applications can be delivered securely to remote clients with or without another remote access solution, like DirectAccess or VPN.
This course covers system protection using Network Access protection, and details System Center Endpoint Protection. To complete the course using Microsoft Web Application Proxy as a solution to deliver secure internal application access across any internet connection to any device is explained.
Implementing a Network Protection Solution
- identify the components required to implement NAP with IPSec enforcement
- sequence the tasks to configure IPSec enforcement
- sequence the tasks to configure the NPS server for VPN connection
- recognize how Endpoint Protection deployment can enhance computer security and protection
- sequence the Endpoint Protection implementation planning tasks
- implement a Network Protection Solution
Microsoft Web Application Proxy
- recognize when you would integrate the Web Application Proxy into an existing Ad Federation Services Deployment
- recognize Web Application Proxy Management features