Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2: Server Infrastructure – IPAM and VPN
This course targets IT professionals looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to design, implement, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an enterprise scaled, highly virtualized environment. It is also designed for individuals who seek professional distinction through the 70-413 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure exam. Individuals that have experience working with Windows Server 2008 or later operating systems and Active Directory Domain Services and networking infrastructure.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The planning, strategic design, and implementation and maintenance of key Active Directory infrastructural services include network services such as an IP address management solution and a virtual private network.
This course outlines the design and planning considerations for the new Server 2012 IP Address Management feature known as IPAM. Areas covered include the IPAM feature, Group Policy based and manual provisioning of IPAM, IPAM deployment design such as distributed, centralized and hybrid topologies. The configuration of role-based access control, IPAM auditing, IP address migration, multiple DHCP and DNS service management, and how to configure data collection for IPAM are also covered.
The second lesson covers the deployment of remote access capabilities by using VPN connections to the private corporate network, and site-to-site VPN connection between partner networks across the public Internet. In addition, the lesson outlines the deployment of an internal Certificate Authority, the autoenrollment feature, and the publication of Certificate Revocation Lists to a Web service.
Design an IP Address Management Solution
- describe IPAM service and features
- match the Server 2012 IPAM solution components with their correct descriptions
- recognize the architectural components of a deployed IPAM solution
- match the IPAM deployment topologies with their correct descriptions
- describe IPAM predeployment design considerations
- describe tasks involved in planning a IPAM service deployment
- identify IPAM service management options via the IPAM node on Server manager
- describe the options provided by IPAM for managing Microsoft DNS and DHCP servers on the network
- match some of the features of IPAM with their correct descriptions
Design a VPN Solution
- identify VPN design considerations
- match the VPN protocol to its functional use
- match the three most commonly used VPN topology designs with their correct descriptions
- recognize how the Connection Manager Administration Kit (CMAK) can aid in setting up VPN operations
- describe the requirements for deploying server certificates
- plan a VPN solution in a given scenario