Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2: Server Infrastructure – Network Protection
This course targets IT professionals looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to design, implement, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an enterprise scaled, highly virtualized environment. It is also designed for individuals who seek professional distinction through the 70-413 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure exam. Individuals that have experience working with Windows Server 2008 or later operating systems and Active Directory Domain Services and networking infrastructure.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The Server 2012 Network Policy and Access Services (NPAS) server role is deployed to support network security, and optionally to examine and maintain the health of the client computer that request access to the network and its protected resources. This course focuses on network protection, and in particular how the Server 2012 Network Protection and Access System role operates when configured to serve as a Network Access Protection (NAP) client health service monitor.
The course also covers NAP; a complex and extensive mechanism that is deployed to protect internal private network resources, and requires careful planning, and appropriate design and testing before being introduced to the production environment. NAP works in conjunction with several other components in an Active Directory-controlled environment and understanding how NAP and NPS interoperates with network a hardware and software system is a prerequisite when approaching the design of a enterprise network protection solution.
Network Access Protection Operations
- match the NPS operational modes with their correct descriptions
- describe the processes that support NAP
- describe the client-side components in the NAP architecture
- describe the components of a NAP service infrastructure
- describe the components of the NPS SQL reporting infrastructure
Planning the Network Access Protection Solution
- recognize the correct enforcement method to use in a given scenario
- describe the factors to take into consideration when planning the location of the NAP health policy server service
- identify how to plan and deploy Network Access Protection