Mobile Crane Operator Safety
Crane operators and other employees involved or responsible for crane operations or servicing
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Cranes are often an essential part of a job and work site. Because of their ability to move large and heavy loads, understanding how they work as well as what and when to inspect are important to maintaining a safe work environment. In this course, you will learn about the requirements and certifications for operating or rigging a crane, as well as basic properties of the crane’s operation, and inspection procedures.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
Working with Mobile Cranes
- identify basic OSHA requirements for working with mobile cranes
- identify the requirements for operator certification and rigger qualification
- recognize lifting principles associated with crane mobility and safety
- recognize different types of crane inspections and when they should be used
- identify areas that are reviewed as part of any inspection