Personnel working in administrative and office areas
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course is designed to raise awareness about hazards that may be encountered when working in office and administrative environments. The common hazards associated with work in offices are high noise levels, poor air quality, ergonomic hazards, and office accidents and injuries such as electrical shock and falls. The content of this course is designed to comply with the applicable regulatory requirements. The learning objectives of the course are to identify office noise abatement and air quality and ventilation strategies; identify the signs and symptoms of ergonomic hazards; and identify how to prevent potential office hazards and common office injuries, such as back strain, slips, trips, falls, eyestrain, and electrical shocks.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
- identify office noise abatement strategies
- identify strategies to improve air quality in an office
- identify strategies to improve ventilation in an office
- identify symptoms resulting from ergonomic hazards
- identify ways to reduce the chances of developing ergonomic injuries
- identify ways to prevent accidents in the office
- identify ways to avoid back injuries in the office
- identify practices that will help you avoid fall injuries
- identify how to avoid eyestrain
- identify ways to avoid the risk of electrical injury