Oracle Database 11g: Encryption Concepts
Database administrators, security administrators, security compliance auditors, security compliance professionals
The learner is assumed to have working experience with Oracle Database 11g or have taken the Oracle Database 11g: Administration I and Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II courses. The Oracle Database 11g: Implementing Database Vault and Oracle 10g: Implementing Audit Vault courses are also recommended.
All encryption has two parts: an algorithm, which is a procedure or a method of manipulating data, and a key or a secret that allows data to be decrypted. This course discusses the issues and challenges of encryption and describes key management solutions. It also describes the encryption options available with Oracle Database 11g. Using DBMS_CRYPTO to generate random encryption keys and encrypting and decrypting table columns are also covered.
- identify the issues and challenges of encryption
- recognize how to manage keys in Oracle Database 11g
- recognize how to generate an encryption key
- encrypt and decrypt in Oracle Database 11g
- use encryption in Oracle Database 11g