Oracle Database 11g: Enterprise User Security and Proxy Authentication
Database administrators, security administrators, security compliance auditors, security compliance professionals
The learner is assumed to have working experience with Oracle Database 11g or have taken the Oracle Database 11g: Administration I and Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II courses. The Oracle Database 11g: Implementing Database Vault and Oracle 10g: Implementing Audit Vault courses are also recommended.
Enterprise User Security addresses the user, the administrative, and the security challenges by centralizing storage and management of user-related information in a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol-compliant directory service. This course describes the basic components of Enterprise User Security. It shows the architecture of this feature and describes the installation process. The components required to create and manage an enterprise user are discussed. In addition, the course explains the techniques for using the enterprise user in the context of the database server and integrating the enterprise user with familiar security policies and auditing. How proxy authentication works, how to manage users authenticated by proxy authentication, and how to audit users authenticated by proxy are also covered.
Enterprise User Security and Proxy Authentication
- recognize how to set up Enterprise User Security
- recognize how to work with Enterprise User Security
- recognize how authentication works in three tiered systems
- recognize proxy authentication solutions
- manage users authenticated by proxy authentication
- recognize how to audit users with proxy authentication
- set up Enterprise User Security
- use schemas for authentication
- implement proxy authentication