Oracle Database 11g: Execution Plans and Star Transformations
Support engineers, developers, technical consultants, data warehouse developers, and application developers.
Oracle Database 11g: Introduction to SQLOracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I
An execution plan is the output of the optimizer and is presented to the execution engine for implementation. The execution plan instructs the execution engine about the operations it must perform for retrieving the data required by a query most efficiently. This course explores gathering, displaying, and interpreting execution plans. It also covers the EXPLAIN PLAN command and the PLAN_TABLE, using AUTOTRACE, dynamic performance views that contain execution plan information, the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), and SQL monitoring. The star schema is the simplest data warehouse schema. Defining a star schema and star transformation requirements, as well as star query plans without transformation and after transformation, are also covered.
Interpreting Execution Plans
- recognize how to gather execution plans
- recognize how to display execution plans
- recognize the views containing execution plan information
- recognize how to use the AWR
- recognize how to perform SQL monitoring
- interpret execution plans
- extract an execution plan used by the optimizer to execute a query
Understanding Star Transformation
- recognize how to use star transformation
- use star transformation and access the benefits of using this optimizer technique