Oracle Database 11g: Installation of Clusterware and RAC
Database administrators, consultants, and IT professionals who are personally interested in updating their Oracle skills.
Before taking this course, it is recommended that the student have a general understanding of database administration, as well as the skills and knowledge commensurate with Oracles Database 11g: Administration Workshop I and Workshop II, or equivalent experience.
Oracle Database 11g: Real Application Clusters (RAC) enable high utilization of a cluster of standard, low-cost modular servers and offers high availability, scalability, and important grid computing features. This course provides an introduction to Oracle Database 11g: Real Application Clusters (RAC) and demonstrates how to fulfill the pre-installation requirements for Oracle Clusterware as well as how to install and configure Clusterware. It also demonstrates the installation of Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Oracle Database software and then explains how to install the Enterprise Manager agent on each cluster node. The creation of a cluster database including discussion of the cluster database post installation tasks are also topics that are explored.
Introduction to Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- identify key concepts related to Real Application Clusters
- recognize the main features and functions of RAC
Oracle Clusterware Installation and Configuration
- identify the requirements for installing Oracle Clusterware
- recognize how to install and configure Oracle Clusterware
- install Oracle Clusterware
RAC Software Installation and Database Creation
- recognize how to install Automatic Storage Management
- recognize how to install Oracle database software
- recognize how to install Enterprise Manager
- recognize how to create a cluster database
- identify the tasks you perform after creating a cluster database
- install Automatic Storage Management and Oracle database software