Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Installation and Oracle Restart
Oracle Database certified professionals who wish to upgrade to Oracle Database 11g certification; developers interested in the technical aspects of Oracle Database 11g; DBAs considering upgrading their systems to 11g
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Oracle Database 11g Release 2 offers a unique scale-out technology with a single database instance, lower server and storage costs, and increased availability and scalability. It also provides customers with improved user service levels, reduced down-time, and more efficient use of IT resources as well as an increased level of performance and security. In addition it provides business intelligence and data warehousing.
This course demonstrates how to install the Oracle Grid Infrastructure, use ASMCA to create disk groups, and create and manage ASM volumes and the Cluster File System. It also outlines how to install Oracle Database 11g, enable direct NFS, using online patching, and use Oracle Restart to manage the components. It is one of a series of courses in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Oracle exam 1Z0-050 Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Administrators, which is an upgrade path for the Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professionals (10g DBA OCP) to achieve Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional (11g DBA OCP) certification.
Installing the Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- recognize the benefits of Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- install the Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- create and manage ASM Dynamic Volumes
- create and manage ASM Cluster File System
Oracle Database 11g Release Installation
- install Oracle Database 11g software
- identify the upgrade paths and deprecated features
- identify the features of Direct NFS
- recognize the features of Online Patching
- manage components using Oracle Restart
- install and configure Oracle Database 11g Release 2