Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Managing Database Space and Duplication
Database Administrators, Database Designers, Developer Support Engineers, and Technical Administrators
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
To effectively manage space, you can configure automatic management by the Oracle database server. This allows you to generate alerts about potential problems and recommend possible solutions. This course explores how to use the Oracle database server for automatic space management, proactively monitor and manage tablespace space usage, and reclaim wasted space from tables and indexes by using the segment shrink functionality. Using the segment advisor, resumable space allocation, and moving tablespaces are also covered. This course will also explore how to duplicate a database using RMAN and Enterprise Manager.
This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Oracle Database 11g: Administration II (1Z0-053) exam.
- recognize how the Oracle server manages space
- recognize how to use table compression to save space
- recognize how to monitor space usage, shrink segments, and reclaim space
- recognize the features of the Segment Advisor
- identify how to manage and use resumable space
- recognize how 4-KB sector disks are used in database storage
- move large volumes of data between two Oracle Database 11g databases
- manage storage in a database
- recognize techniques for duplicating a database
- recognize how to create a backup-based duplicate database using RMAN
- use Enterprise Manager to clone a database