Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Oracle Partitioning and Security Features
Oracle Database certified professionals who wish to upgrade to Oracle Database 11g certification; developers interested in the technical aspects of Oracle Database 11g; DBAs considering upgrading their systems to 11g
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Oracle Database 11g Release 2 offers more advanced data warehouse, partitioning, security and network feature enhancements to allow the DBA to provide a more efficient way for users to access data in a secure environment. This course covers the enhanced data warehouse and partition enhancements, which includes support for loading data stored in compressed files, new parameters for simplified parallelism implementation, and new partitioning methods. It also covers the security and networking enhancements, including how to use SecureFiles, the password file, default auditing, and tablespace encryption, as well as network support for IPv6 and configuring fine-grained access.
This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Oracle exam 1Z0-050 Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Administrators, which is an upgrade path for Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional (10g DBA OCP) certified individuals to achieve Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional (11g DBA OCP) certification.
Data Warehouse and Partitioning Enhancements
- load data that is stored in compressed files
- implement simplified parallelism
- implement new partitioning methods
Security and Network Enhancements
- recognize the features of Oracle SecureFiles
- use SQL and PL/SQL APIs to access SecureFiles
- implement the enhanced security features in Oracle Database 11g Release 2
- encrypt a tablespace and control access to the network
- identify how Oracle Net supports IPv6
- apply Oracle Database 11g R2s partitioning features in a given scenario
- employ Oracle Database 11g R2s enhanced security features