Oracle Database 12c Administration: Backup, Recover, and Move Data
Database Administrators, support engineers, technical administrators, and Data Warehouse Administrator who wish to learn how to install Oracle Database 12c and upgrade from previous versions.
Preparing for and performing data recovery and completing database backups are the responsibilities of a DBA. This ensures that the database is available for users when they require it. DBAs also need to ensure that if a failure does occur, the loss of data is minimized and they can recover the database in an efficient manner. Oracle DBAs also need to understand the various internal consistency checks a database performs as it moves from the shutdown stage to being fully open. Equally important is an understanding of what can cause a failure, and how to recover from an instance failure. This course explores how to identify the types of failures that can occur in an Oracle database and how to prepare a database for failure recovery by using checkpoints, log files, and the flash recovery area and ARCHIVELOG mode, as well as how to perform different types of backups. It also discusses the need for performing recovery and the use of tools such as the Recovery Manager (RMAN) and the Data Recovery Advisor for file recovery operations. This course is one of a series in two SkillSoft learning paths that covers the objectives for the 1Z0-062Oracle Database 12c: Installation and Administration. This exam is part of the Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate, OCA, certification path.
Backup and Recovery
- recognize the types of failure that can occur in a database
- identify how to configure Oracle Database 12c to prevent media failure
- recognize database backup strategies
- back up databases in Oracle Database 12c
- recognize issues that may occur during data recovery
- recognize how to use Data Pump Export and Import to move data between Oracle Databases
- describe the characteristics of SQL*Loader
- prepare for and perform database recovery tasks