Oracle Database 12c Administration: Maintenance and Performance Tuning
Database Administrators, support engineers, technical administrators, and Data Warehouse Administrator who wish to learn how to install Oracle Database 12c and upgrade from previous versions.
General database maintenance and performance monitoring are important Oracle DBA tasks. Proactive and reactive database maintenance is made easy by the sophisticated infrastructure of Oracle Database 12c, including elements such as Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), ADDM, ASMM, and database alerts. DBAs must make sure that databases are open and available to users when they need it and that it is working without bottlenecks by gathering performance metrics. This course discusses how to use Enterprise Manager Cloud Control to monitor performance, and how to use AMM, ADDM, and the different advisors to obtain necessary information to accurately performance tune the instance. This course is one of a series in two SkillSoft learning paths that covers the objectives for the 1Z0-062Oracle Database 12c: Installation and Administration. This exam is part of the Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate, OCA, certification path.
- recognize the characteristics of AWR and ADDM
- recognize the functions of different types of advisor
- identify how to monitor performance in a given scenario
- recognize how to configure parameters for automatic memory management
- describe the considerations involved in gathering optimizer statistics
- determine which type of advisor to use in a given scenario
- describe how to perform maintenance and performance tuning tasks on a database