Oracle Database 12c Administration: Resource Manager, Scheduler, and Support
Database Administrators, support engineers, technical administrators, and Data Warehouse Administrator who wish to learn how to install Oracle Database 12c and upgrade from previous versions.
By using the Database Resource Manager, you have more control over the allocation of machine resources than is normally possible through operating system resource management alone. Many tasks in the Oracle environment need job-scheduling capabilities. Using Advanced Scheduler features, you can exercise more control over various aspects of scheduling, such as job windows and prioritizing jobs. DBAs are also required to ensure that the database is up-to-date with the latest patches and that critical errors are resolved, which includes contacting Oracle for support. This course explains how to configure the Database Resource Manager to access and create resource plans, create, configure, and administer consumer groups, as well as activate a resource plan and monitor the Resource Manager. This course also explores how to simplify management tasks by using the Scheduler to create, program, schedule, and monitor job and how to access and use My Oracle Support. This course is one of a series in two SkillSoft learning paths that covers the objectives for the 1Z0-062Oracle Database 12c: Installation and Administration. This exam is part of the Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate, OCA, certification path.
Using Resource Manager and the Scheduler
- identify how Database Resource Manager can be used to manage resources
- describe how Database Resource Manager works
- identify how to monitor the Resource Manager
Using the Scheduler and Oracle Support
- describe how Schedule can be used to simplify management tasks
- identify the advanced features of the Scheduler
- use Oracle Scheduler to automate tasks
- describe the characteristics of online patches
- manage and monitor data, and automate tasks