Oracle Database 12c Administration: The Network Environment and User Security
Database Administrators, support engineers, technical administrators, and Data Warehouse Administrator who wish to learn how to install Oracle Database 12c and upgrade from previous versions.
The Oracle network environment requires correct configuring to allow database connections from clients. If the listener and connections are not configure correctly access can be blocked. Also to access the database, a user must specify a valid database user account and successfully authenticate as required by that user account. What the user can execute once they are logged in is controlled by privileges granted to them, which can be system or object. Privileges can be better controlled by using roles and profiles, which control resource consumption and account status and passwords. This course discussion how to configure the Oracle network environment and how to manage user security. This course is one of a series in two SkillSoft learning paths that covers the objectives for the 1Z0-062Oracle Database 12c: Installation and Administration. This exam is part of the Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate, OCA, certification path.
Establishing Network Connections
- describe the characteristics of naming methods
- configure network connections in a given scenario
Configuring User Security
- recognize predefined administrative accounts
- grant privileges in a given scenario
- choose the appropriate password management security setting for a given scenario
- implement user security in a given scenario
- manage network and user security