Oracle Database 12c Install and Upgrade: Upgrading
Database Administrators, support engineers, technical administrators, and Data Warehouse Administrator who wish to learn how to install Oracle Database 12c and upgrade from previous versions.
As a DBA one of the tasks you performed is upgrading or migrating a database to the newest release when it is available. Upgrading a database enables DBAs to take advantage of the newest technologies that are being offered by the provider. Oracle Database 12c provides the latest in efficient, reliable, secure data management for OLTP and cloud applications. This course discusses upgrade and migration methods, how to prepare for and perform an upgrade, as well as how to perform post-upgrade tasks. It also covers how to use Oracle Data Pump to move migrate data. This course is one of a series in two SkillSoft learning paths that covers the objectives for the 1Z0-062: Oracle Database 12c Installation and Administration certification exam.
Upgrading to Oracle Database 12c
- specify the upgrade and migration method to use in a given scenario
- perform preupgrade tasks or checks in a given scenario
- describe how DBUA aids the database upgrade process
- perform post-upgrade tasks for Oracle Database 12c
- migrate data using Oracle Data Pump
- upgrade to Oracle Database 12c