Oracle Database 12c: Managing CDB and PDB, and Data Optimization
Oracle Database Certified Professionals looking to upgrade their certification to Oracle Database 12c and Administrators, Database Administrators, and System Administrators who interested in the technical aspects of Oracle Database 12c and who may be considering upgrading their systems to the newest version.
Oracle database contains the Oracle Multitenant feature, which enables Oracle database to contain a portable set of schemas, objects, and related structures that appear logically to an application as a separate database, called a Container Database or CDB. CDB contains pluggable databases or PDBs. Database administrators need to understand how to manage this new option. This course will demonstrate how to connect to, start and shut these databases down, as well has how to manage their tablespaces and users. It will also demonstrate how to backup and recover them for different media failure situations. This course is one in a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the 1Z0-060: Upgrade to Oracle Database 12c certification exam.
CDB and PDB Tablespaces, Users, and Recovery
- identify how to connect to, start up, and shut down a CDB
- identify how to create and manage permanent and temporary tablespaces in a CDB instance and PDBs
- identify how to create and manage common and local users in a CDB instance and PDBs
- identify how to manage privileges and roles in CDB and PDB
- identify how to perform CDB and PDB backups
- perform recovery of CDB in a given scenario
- recover PDBs in a given scenario
- identify how to manage CDBs and PDBs in a given scenario