Oracle Database 12c: Tuning SQL and Using ADDM
Oracle Database Certified Professionals looking to upgrade their certification to Oracle Database 12c and Administrators, Database Administrators, and System Administrators who interested in the technical aspects of Oracle Database 12c and who may be considering upgrading their systems to the newest version.
Oracle Database 12c provides many new features, like SQL Plan Directives, to make tuning and monitoring SQL easier. Other improvements include enhancements to the Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) which now includes Emergency Monitor, Real-Time ADDM, Compare Period ADDM, and Active Session History (ASH). This course discusses how to use these new and improved features in Oracle Database 12c to monitor and tune SQL and the database. This course is one in a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the 1Z0-060: Upgrade to Oracle Database 12c certification exam.
- describe the features of Adaptive SQL Plan management
- match the adaptive execution plans to descriptions of how they can be used
- identify how to use the statistics gathering performance enhancements
Emergency Monitoring, ADDM, and ASH Analytics
- distinguish between monitoring techniques in Oracle Database 12c
- identify how to use Compare Period ADDM
- tune and monitor an Oracle 12c environment in a given scenario