Organizational Change Management
Project managers, senior project managers, IT managers and professionals, program managers, portfolio managers, HR managers and executives, organizational development professionals, project sponsors and executives, functional managers, project coordinators and administrators, project analysts, project leaders, team leaders, product managers, R&D managers, project team members and any other project or program related functions across all industry domains.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Today’s organizations must integrate and align people, processes, structures, culture, and strategy in order to successfully transition individuals and groups from a current state to a desired future state, such that the desired outcomes and business objectives are achieved. Unfortunately, many managers still view their primary responsibility as managing specific business functions (resources, time, scope, budgets, etc.) and have a difficult time understanding and properly integrating organizational change management activities through successful strategic execution.
This course focuses on change management in the areas of organizational development and human resource management combined with standardized portfolio, program, and project management practices (A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK Guide]Fifth Edition, 2013, Project Management Institute, Inc.). All key concepts necessary to manage strategic and tactical changes are covered through a mix of inspiring lectures and exercises.
Organizational change directly affects everyone from the entry-level employee to senior management; therefore, everyone must learn how to handle changes to the organization. Managers and executives are charged with the additional responsibility for making change happen in and through the different levels of strategic execution.
PMBOK and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
1. What Is Change
- Why Change
- Individual and Organizational Change
- What Is Change Management
- External Drivers of Change
- Change as a Strategy
- Functions and Activities
- Common Models of Change
- Corporate Culture and Change
- Critical Change Factors
2. Change Management in Organizations
- Change in Organizations
- How Organizations Use Change Management
- Strategic Execution
- Cycles of Change
- Two Major Perspectives on Change Readiness
- Critical Success Factors
- Potential Barriers and Change Derailers
3. Change Management at the Portfolio Level
- What Is a Portfolio
- What Is Portfolio Management
- Strategy Execution and Change Management
- Portfolio Management in the Change Life Cycle Framework
- Sustain Change: Measure Benefits Realization
4. Change Management at the Program Level
- Why Is Program Management Ideally Suited to Manage Change in Organizations
- What Is Program Management
- Program Management in the Change Life Cycle
- Organizational Capabilities in the Program Management Context
5. Change Management at the Project Level
- Change Management in Projects
- What Is Project Management
- Impact of Change on Project Management
- Project Management in the Change Life Cycle Framework
- Project Management Process Groups
- Change Management Activities at the Project Level
- Developing a Change Management Plan