Organizing Files and Searching for Items in Windows 8.1
Business end users who are new to Windows, or existing Windows users who are new to Windows 8.1
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Windows 8.1 File Explorer provides several options for organizing and navigating to your files. For example, you can use libraries to group folders and back up files. And you can use File Explorer to search for files that may be buried deep in a folder structure.
The Search charm can also be used to find files, as well as launch apps and search the Internet. The tools you choose will depend on where you are and what you want to find.
This course demonstrates how you can manage your files and make them easier to access. It also shows how to search for items from File Explorer and from the Search charm.
Organizing Files in Windows 8.1
- familiarize yourself with your instructor and the content presented in this course
- use File Explorer to navigate in Windows 8.1
- manage files and folders in Windows 8.1 File Explorer
- change the view in Windows 8.1 File Explorer
- organize files in Windows 8.1
- use this job aid to help organize your files in Windows 8.1
Storing and Backing Up Files in Windows 8.1
- use libraries in Windows 8.1
- work with libraries in Windows 8.1
- use File History to back up files in Windows 8.1
- use this job aid to store and back up files in Windows 8.1
Searching in Windows 8.1
- find items using the Search charm in Windows 8.1
- find items by searching in Windows 8.1 File Explorer
- save File Explorer search results in Windows 8.1
- decide on the best way to search for something in Windows 8.1
- use this job aid to help you find items in Windows 8.1