Performing Calculations Using Functions in Excel 2013
Personnel at all levels of the enterprise; end-users seeking to attain competency in Microsoft Excel 2013; end-users seeking to obtain Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification at Core level in the use of Microsoft Excel 2013; end-users seeking a basic IT certification
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Excel 2013 provides you with the tools that allow you to perform calculations on your workbook data. Being able to use formulas to do complicated calculations not only simplifies your work but also helps to reduce the number of errors that can arise in such complex tasks. This course introduces the basic concepts and terminology associated with formulas and functions. It also covers various ways of referring to cells and cell ranges and demonstrates how to use basic functions including logical and IF-type functions.
This course will help prepare learners for the Microsoft Certification Exam 77-420: Excel 2013 which certifies individuals as Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Excel 2013.
Introduction to Formulas and Functions
- create a basic formula in Excel 2013
- reference cells in formulas in Excel 2013
- create a named range in Excel 2013
- reference cells and create a named range in Excel 2013
- use basic functions in Excel 2013
- decide the best way to use basic formulas and functions in Excel 2013
Using Logical and IF-type Functions
- create formulas using basic logical functions in Excel 2013
- create an IF-type formula in Excel 2013
- decide how to create IF-type functions and nested formulas in Excel 2013