Personal Protective Equipment (HAZWOPER)
Workers and managers who work with hazardous waste
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Equipment and devices have been developed over the years to protect the human body against a variety of environmental and physical hazards. Today, many forms of personal protective equipment, or PPE, are available to protect you from injuries and illnesses. OSHA and EPA regulations classify PPE into four categories, based on the level of protection afforded. This training is intended to introduce you to the four levels, and to acquaint you with the different types and the correct selection of PPE. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives are to specify why PPE is necessary; identify the proper category of protection for a hazardous situation; identify which PPE is necessary based upon the hazards present; identify the limitations of PPE; and specify the proper care, maintenance, useful life, and disposal of PPE.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
Personal Protective Equipment
- identify the level of protection associated with each OSHA PPE protection category
- identify responsibilities regarding PPE
- select eye and face protective equipment based upon the hazards present
- identify types of respiratory protection
- identify types of head protection
- select protection for your arms, hands, feet, and legs
- identify various types of body protection
- identify general guidelines of the hearing conservation program
- identify types of hearing protection