Personalizing Windows 8
Business end users new to Windows, or existing Windows users who are new to Windows 8.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft Windows 8 is the latest version of the Microsoft Windows PC desktop operating system. This version represents a significant upgrade which incorporates a default Windows 8 tablet style interface. The more conventional Windows desktop will be still available which is quite like Windows 7 but with a number of upgrades. This course will introduce learners to the various ways they can configure and personalize the user experience in Windows 8. Specific topics include using Control Panel and PC Settings to configure options, using accessibility options in Windows 8, and customizing the desktop, Lock Screen, and Start Screen.
Customizing Screens and Features
- personalize the Lock screen in Windows 8
- personalize your Start screen in Windows 8
- change the desktop theme and display options in Windows 8
- personalize elements of the Windows 8 desktop
- activate and configure Windows 8 accessibility tools for people with visual impairments
- activate the Sound Sentry tool
- launch Windows 8 accessibility tools for people with limited mobility
- customize the Lock screen, Start screen, and Desktop
- use Windows 8 Ease of Access tools