Planning for Skills Needs and Managing Performance
Managers, team leaders, human resources, and other professionals who manage talent and who want to evolve the HR department from a transactional cost center into a strategic business partner in their organization.
HR departments need to support their organization’s key strategies and help them in the fight to remain competitive. A key way that HR can do this is through effective talent management. In this course, you’ll learn about the role of HR in talent management, how to identify the skills your organization needs, how to satisfy these needs through planning to recruit, train, and promote talent as your organization requires it, and how to manage performance successfully within the framework of talent management.
Identifying and Managing Talent
- identify the talent management activities performed by HR
- describe workforce analysis methods
- recognize HR workforce planning activities
- sequence the steps of a strategy-based workforce planning process
- identify the factors required for an effective performance management system
- recognize examples of performance appraisal methods
- identify the main criteria for rewards to encourage optimal performance