Planning for Windows 7 Deployment
Individuals undertaking high level Windows Desktop Administration certification, and possibly Windows Server Enterprise Support certification. The customer base will also include companies using Microsoft Windows desktop and server systems that need their IT staff certified to a high level.
individuals should have at least 3 years experience installing, configuring, and administering clients in a Windows networked environment; Familiarity with client administration in Windows Server; Experience with deployment of operating systems and applications; Familiarity with Windows Server management tools such System Center suite.
Windows 7 is Microsoft’s latest client operating system for IT infrastructure environments. Microsoft has improved and added new tools to help deploy Windows 7 throughout networks using images. Administrators can use tools provided by Microsoft to analyze their IT networks to determine the best deployment strategy. This course discuss the deployment tools and methods, Windows 7 editions and requirements, and licensing. It also demonstrates how to analyze the current client computers for hardware and compatibility issues. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Microsoft exam: 70-686. Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator. Passing this exam will earn the learner Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator certification.
Understanding Deployment Tools and Methods
- recognize what happens at each phase in the deployment lifecycle
- recognize the challenges to deployment
- recognize the main functions of Windows 7 deployment tools
- recognize which deployment method to use in a given scenario
- recognize factors to consider when planning a multilingual user interface deployment
Understanding Editions, Licensing and Analyzing Hardware
- identify Windows 7 editions and features
- identify Windows 7 hardware requirements
- recognize features of KMS
- identify features of MAK
- evaluate client connectivity to determine the most suitable volume activation method
- identify recommendations for different network infrastructures
- recognize the Windows 7 tools for obtaining inventory on client computers
- inventory the IT infrastructure using the MAP toolkit
- recognize which Windows 7 edition to deploy in a given scenario
- determine which licensing method to use
- use the MAP toolkit to determine what hardware is on the client computer