Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration
This is an intermediate course for anyone with system administrative duties implementing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) partitioned environment.
You should already be able to:
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Execute basic AIX commands
- Manage files and directories
- Use the vi editor
- Use redirection, pipes, and tees
- Use the utilities find and grep
- Use the command and variable substitution
- Set and change Korn shell variables
- Write simple shell scripts
- Use a graphic Common Desktop Environment (CDE) interface
These skills can be acquired by taking UNIX / AIX Basics (AN100/AX100) or through equivalent AIX or UNIX knowledge.
In addition, it would be helpful (but not mandatory) that you are familiar with partitioning concepts and technology as taught in Power Virtualization I: LPAR Planning and Configuration (AN110) or (AX110).
Learn to install, customize, and administer the AIX operating system in a POWER (System p) partitioned environment. This course is based on AIX 7.1 running on a Power7 system managed by HMC version 7. This course is also appropriate for prior releases of AIX and has a high practical content.