PowerHA 7 Planning, Implementing, Customizing and Administration
The audience for this advanced course is students who are experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX Logical Volume Manager (LVM) experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of a PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 and later cluster on an IBM Power Systems server running AIX V6.1 or later. The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 7.1 TL2 level system.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course is designed to prepare students to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA SystemMirror.
- Welcome and course introduction
- Unit 1: Introduction to PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 2: Planning and configuring network and storage for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Exercise 1: Lab setup, cluster planning, and exploring fallover
- Exercise 2: Preparing the AIX environment for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 3: Configuring applications for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 4: Configuring a PowerHA SystemMirror cluster
- Exercise 3: Preparing an application for integration with SystemMirror
- Exercise 4: Initial cluster configuration
- Unit 5: Cluster validation and testing
- Unit 6: Basic PowerHA SystemMirror administration
- Exercise 5: Cluster validation and testing
- Exercise 6: Extending the configuration
- Unit 7: Events
- Unit 8: Basic troubleshooting
- Exercise 7: Events
- Exercise 8: PowerHA SystemMirror problem determination
- Unit 9: PowerHA SystemMirror installation
- Exercise 9: Install and maintain PowerHA SystemMirror
- Open lab