PowerVM on IBM i-II: Advanced Topics and Performance
This course is for technical specialists, support/services individuals, and individuals implementing PowerVM features for Power Systems with IBM i. This course is also appropriate for IBM Business Partners who sell and plan for consolidated systems.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Learn the objectives, prerequisites, installation, and managing steps of PowerVM advanced features like Suspend/Resume, Active Memory Sharing, Live Partition Mobility, and Shared Storage Pools. All learning materials are primarily focused on IBM i as a client partition and dual VIOS as host environment. Part of this course is a presentation of the tools for monitoring a virtualized environment.
- Unit 1: Suspend and Resume
- Exercise 1: eLab access, installation, navigation, and Secure Shell
- Exercise 2: Suspend/Resume
- Unit 2: Active Memory Sharing
- Exercise 3: Active Memory Sharing
- Unit 3: Live Partition Mobility
- Exercise 4: Live Partition Mobility
- Unit 4: Shared storage pools
- Exercise 5: Shared storage pools
- Unit 5: Monitoring tools
- Exercise 6: Monitoring tools for virtualized environment