Preventing Project Failure
Project Management Professional (PMP) -certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Nearly every project runs into problems sooner or later. How do you keep those problems from escalating into full-blown crises In this short course, you will learn how to identify the warning signs of project failure and how to start preventing and solving the problems associated with them. You’ll explore the importance of starting with a realistic, balanced project plan and how to develop metrics you can use to monitor project status. You’ll also learn simple techniques for identifying the true underlying causes of the symptoms your project exhibits.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
1. Recognizing Symptoms of a Challenged Project
- Common Symptoms of Challenged Projects
- Why Do Symptoms Go Unrecognized
2. Planning to Prevent Failure
- Value of Clear Goals and a Realistic Project Plan
- Monitoring Your Project’s Vital Signs
- Determining What You Should Measure
- Earned Value Management
3. Transforming Challenge into Success
- Root Cause Analysis