Programmatically Working with Permissions and BCS in SharePoint 2010
Developers who use Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and consultants tasked with providing consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. They should have proficient knowledge of Visual Studio 2008/2010.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides insight into managing permissions and users in SharePoint, developing Timer jobs, and covers the Business Connectivity Services. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-573 (Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development). Passing this exam will earn the learner MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Application Development certification.
Managing Permissions for SharePoint 2010
- create a custom timer job
- recognize the configuration options for custom timer jobs
- deploy a custom timer job
- debug a custom timer job
- recognize authorization object relations in a SharePoint Foundation security management system
- recognize the concepts of role assignments, role definitions, and inheritance in SharePoint 2010
- recognize how to plan site permissions
- create, implement, and debug a timer job
- manage users, groups, and permissions
Create and Modify BCS Model in Visual Studio 2010
- match the features of Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint Server 2010 with their correct descriptions
- recognize building solutions with Business Connectivity Services
- design a Business Data Connectivity model
- create a Business Data Connectivity model
- create a BDC model from Visual Studio
- add an existing BDC model file to a SharePoint project
- recognize the BCS model in Visual Studio 2010
- develop a BDC model in Visual Studio 2010