Programming Essentials for IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Customization
In this course students build on the skills that were developed in course IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Foundation (6S221) (6S220) (WC700) (VC700) (ZC700) . Discuss the essential skills necessary to customize many of the key features of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7.
In-depth lectures cover the skills and knowledge students need to customize an IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 site. Lecture topics include an introduction to the integrated development environment for WebSphere Commerce, which is built upon Rational Application Developer V7. From that starting point, students develop and configure storefronts, both with and without Web 2.0 capabilities enabled. In addition, students learn how to build custom business logic and handing data through the command framework, business object document (BOD) processing framework, Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs), and the data service layer.
Students are also introduced to many of the new features that are provided in WebSphere Commerce V7. The features include: how to develop for the presentation, business logic, data service layer, and persistence layer of WebSphere Commerce with related activities like configuring Search for WebSphere Commerce, promotions, Mobile Commerce, and Social Commerce. To complete the experience, students learn the basics of integrating WebSphere Commerce with other systems in a service-oriented architecture (SOA) and Web services.
Hands-on lab exercises are provided throughout the course to reinforce lecture content. They let students gain practical experience by designing and implementing customized WebSphere Commerce solutions. Students practice their newly developed WebSphere Commerce skills by performing tasks. For example, creating new views and commands, extending WebSphere Commerce capabilities by building custom projects in the persistence layer, deploying Web services.
- Describe WebSphere Commerce architecture and programming model concepts
- Implement the processes that are required to customize WebSphere Commerce V7 using a development environment that is based upon Rational Application Developer V7.5
- Customize storefront JavaServer Page (JSP) pages
- Employ state-of-the-art storefront pages for WebSphere Commerce with Web 2.0 technology
- Extend the persistence layer by creating new Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs) to co-operate with the WebSphere Commerce subsystems
- Customize store business logic through the creation of controller commands and task commands
- Describe common subsystem commands and data beans
- Manipulate data handling through the WebSphere Commerce V7 data service layer
- Use IBM Commerce Management Center for creating marketing and promotional scenarios
- Implement exception handling
- Implement Web services using WebSphere Commerce V7
- Implement Mobile Commerce and Social Commerce into a store solution
- Create a webservice for use within WebSphere Commerce
You should have:
- Java or Java EE application development skills
- JSP development and deployment skills
- Java servlet development and deployment skills
- JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL) skills
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) skills
- SQL skills
- Extensible Markup Language (XML) skills
- Knowledge of Rational Application Developer V7
A thorough knowledge of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 architecture, business models, data models, tools, and functionality as provided in course IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Foundation (6S221) (6S220) (WC700) ¯(VC700) (ZC700), or a strong knowledge of WebSphere Commerce V6.